UPDATE – 1/5/2021 We have been notified that we are switching back to Walgreens and the Pfizer vaccine because it will be available sooner than the vaccine through Managed Healthcare Pharmacy. The Resident Coordinator of your loved one’s home will be in contact to get verbal consent for the administration of the Pfizer vaccine. Sorry for the everchanging information! We want to get our village vaccinated as soon as possible. Please call if you have any questions. Click these links for the Pfizer Fact Sheet and Walgreens Consent Form.
UPDATE – 11/25/2020 We learned this morning that 4 residents in our memory village have tested positive for COVID-19. We are currently testing all staff and residents today and will go back to weekly testing to comply with all state and county Long Term Care Guidelines. We will keep you updated with new information as it comes in. We continue to screen residents and staff for symptoms daily.
UPDATE – 11/13/2020 Sad news, our state will be on lockdown from November 18th to December 2nd. We are canceling all indoor and window visits. Thank you for your patience. We will keep everyone updated on when we can resume visits.
In accordance with an executive order 20-03, issued by the governor on March 8, 2020 we are immediately adopting the following policies. *We are restricting visitation of all non-essential individuals.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE A VISITOR:
Exceptions may be made for “essential” visitors. An essential visitor is defined by the following:
– Facility staff
-Outside medical personnel
-Vendors as needed
-Adult protective services staff
-Long-term care Ombudsman and deputies (not volunteers)
-Family or friends visiting during end of life stages
-Friends or family who are essential for the resident’s emotional well-being and care
TO DETERMINE IF YOU MAY QUALIFY
AS AN ESSENTIAL VISITOR:
• Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm, come to the main office to be screened. On weekends or after hours, call 541-852-3232 to reach our after hours supervisor, who will screen you and give you instructions to follow
•There may only be two essential visitors per resident at any given time
WHAT ABOUT COMMUNITY OUTINGS?
• We are discontinuing all community outings
• We are strongly recommending residents DO NOT leave EHL except for medical and emergency needs
HOW DO I COMMUNICATE WITH MY LOVED ONE?
• By phone
• FaceTime or other messaging applications (call Destiny Owens at 541-747-4858 to discuss specific visual communication methods)
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE A STAFF
• All staff must be screened prior to entering any home to work a shift. See the clipboard posted on the gate/entry to building for instructions.
• We are restricting and limiting entry to our homes
• We are limiting all community activities
These actions are being taken to limit the potential for resident’s exposure to novel COVID-19. The actions above are required until further notice with the understanding that guidance from the Department of Human Services may change as the situation evolves.
In addition to visitor restrictions, we need to announce that The Club and Support Groups will be cancelled until further notice, as ordered by the State of Oregon. While it breaks our heart to mandate such restrictions and cancellations, we do this for the ultimate protection of our beloved residents.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.