Limited outdoor visits are now being permitted. Please call Destiny Owens at 541-747-4858 to schedule. Visits are restricted to 2 people for a maximum of 30 minutes. Visitors must check in at the Welcome Center for screening before their visit. Click here for rules on outdoor visits with your loved one!
In accordance with an executive order 20-03, issued by the governor on March 8, 2020 we are immediately adopting the following policies. *We are restricting visitation of all non-essential individuals.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE A VISITOR:
Exceptions may be made for “essential” visitors. An essential visitor is defined by the following:
– Facility staff
-Outside medical personnel
-Vendors as needed
-Adult protective services staff
-Long-term care Ombudsman and deputies (not volunteers)
-Family or friends visiting during end of life stages
-Friends or family who are essential for the resident’s emotional well-being and care
TO DETERMINE IF YOU MAY QUALIFY
AS AN ESSENTIAL VISITOR:
• Monday through Friday from 8:30 am to 5 pm, come to the main office to be screened. On weekends or after hours, call 541-852-3232 to reach our after hours supervisor, who will screen you and give you instructions to follow
•There may only be two essential visitors per resident at any given time
WHAT ABOUT COMMUNITY OUTINGS?
• We are discontinuing all community outings
• We are strongly recommending residents DO NOT leave EHL except for medical and emergency needs
HOW DO I COMMUNICATE WITH MY LOVED ONE?
• By phone
• FaceTime or other messaging applications (call Destiny Owens at 541-747-4858 to discuss specific visual communication methods)
WHAT TO DO IF YOU ARE A STAFF
• All staff must be screened prior to entering any home to work a shift. See the clipboard posted on the gate/entry to building for instructions.
• We are restricting and limiting entry to our homes
• We are limiting all community activities
These actions are being taken to limit the potential for resident’s exposure to novel COVID-19. The actions above are required until further notice with the understanding that guidance from the Department of Human Services may change as the situation evolves.
In addition to visitor restrictions, we need to announce that The Club and Support Groups will be cancelled until further notice, as ordered by the State of Oregon. While it breaks our heart to mandate such restrictions and cancellations, we do this for the ultimate protection of our beloved residents.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation during this time.