Other ways we keep our residents active
• Help the maintenance staff with projects such as recycling and organizing tools.
• Reminisce about tools, cars, fishing and other interests.
• Look under the hood of a vehicle, check the tire pressure, and lights.
• Hang out at the maintenance shop, engage in conversation, and allow the resident to “give advice.”
• Help with deliveries to homes and office areas.
• Help with gardening and plant care.
When persons with memory loss diseases such as Alzheimer’s or other dementia’s are involved and engaged in their lifetime hobbies and activities they usually require fewer medications to cope with the anxiety and frustrations associated with loss of mental function.